Update from the Chair
A message to our students, staff, and faculty:
We have made it through the first week of remote instruction in IR Department. I wish to thank the faculty, students and staff for moving so swiftly and smoothly online. As we navigate unchartered territories, we all need to work together to get through these uncertain and disquieting times.
Please constantly check your class iLearn page and/or scheduled Zoom meeting at your regularly scheduled time. We are fortunate to have a lot of experience and technology in place.
As we move forward, let’s keep a few things in mind:
- We understand that you did not sign up for remote instruction. You are studying with us because you want the high-impact, in person instruction that we’ve always offered. Please remember that your instructors did not sign up for online instruction either. Our faculty (all leading professionals) envisioned carefully crafted in-person classes for you. Those classes have been completely transformed due to a public health emergency. I ask all faculty and students to be patient with each other (and yourselves!) and work together to improve your remote learning and teaching experiences. We are all in this together.
- If you need equipment or software for your classes, please work with your instructors. They will work with the IR Dept. to ensure everyone has what they need to meet learning outcomes for your classes.
- Please work closely with your teachers regarding new expectations and new assignments. We will be flexible and understanding as best as we can given that this might not be a temporary adjustment.
- Stay informed with reliable sources. Our University COVID 19 site is a great place to start.
- If you need anything, or wish to discuss your classes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Our AOC is Mr. Douglas Slayton and he will be happy to assist you to the best of his ability. We are working remotely and email contact is the most reliable way to reach us right now.
Please take all necessary precautions. Thank you for your understanding and resilience during these unprecedented times. Be safe.
Chair/Professor IR Dept.