The International Relations Council is the International Relations Department's Graduate Student association. The IRC serves to increase awareness of international issues among its members and among the greater campus community as well as to promote networking among its members who share a profound interest in the academic and professional fields of international relations. Therefore, the IRC’s purposes and goals include the following:
- To provide a platform for academic and professional speakers to meet with students and discuss contemporary scholarship, salient international issues, and employment opportunities;
- To offer a venue for SFSU Master’s degree students in International Relations and Political Science to present research papers and theses projects;
- To enhance member’s knowledge of current events, volunteer opportunities, career development, scholarship and fellowship opportunities, and local programing through the maintenance of an independent IRC website;
- To develop interdepartmental relationships between SFSU’s International Relations and Political Science graduate departments;
- To host career fairs or career workshops oriented to graduate students in the International Relations and Political Science departments; and
- To promote public interest and information about students in the International Relations and Political Science graduate departments at SFSU.
Connect with IRC on Facebook